Wound Healing Clinic Lowell, MA
In Boston Vein Care and Wound Healing Clinic in Lowell, MA, our team of skilled and certified professionals uses advanced methods to take care of slow to heal wounds. Our medical director, Dr Muzzamal Habib, is our wound specialist with years of experience in practising wound care & supervising Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment. Our patients experience all this passion firsthand when they approach us for treatment of both acute and chronic wounds.
Here, at Boston Vein Care & Wound Center, we specialize in treating a complete range of wounds, like:
- Venous Stasis Ulcers/venous wounds
- Non-healing surgical wounds
- Diabetic wounds, mostly observed are foot ulcers. Diabetic wounds need urgent care as they can worsen very quickly, sometimes risking amputations.
- Wounds due to dermatitis, an inflammatory skin condition that may lead to blistering or flaking of skin.
- Calciphylaxis wounds (mostly seen in patients with end-stage renal disease).
- Wounds left either due to or after surgery of skin cancer.
- Wounds because of radiation exposure in the past.
- Traumatic wounds.
- Skin tears or lacerations (seen after trauma, e.g. an accident or a fight)
- Atypical wounds (the mixed type of wounds)
All the above-mentioned wounds are treated at Boston Vein Care & Wound Center, however, we specialize particularly in venous wounds and those due to autoimmune disorders like vasculitis.
Treatments offered at Boston Wound Healing Center:
In our wound care clinic, our team of specialized clinicians uses state of the art methods and clinical expertise to make sure their patients receive the best wound care treatments in Lowell MA and surrounding areas. Our wound care centre in Chelmsford MA provides:
- Wound dressing – to take immediate care of the wound. The wound dressing is necessary to keep the wound sterile and free from possible infection by an external germ.
- All sorts of wound debridement – over time, a layer of necrotic tissue starts forming in a wound which can harbour a lot of bacteria. This necrotic tissue must be removed so that the wound heals quickly, without any subsequent infection.
- Wound biopsy – some wounds are more dangerous. Their exact cause must be sought to rule out any possibility of cancer. For this reason, a small section of the wound is excised under local anesthesia and sent in for laboratory testing.
- Chemical cauterization – many times wound healing results in overgrowth of granulation tissue in the wound bed. Skin can not grow over this abnormal tissue. Chemical cauterization is used to remove this excess of tissue so the skin can grow and heal the wounds.
- Skin substitute graft applications – for dressing on clean superficial wounds until epithelialization occurs. This can promote the process of healing and help in pain control.
- Vascular testing in the same office – to test if there is any element of venous disease or arterial blockage contributing to wounds.
For appointments, contact us at (978) 666-4200 or email us at [email protected]. You will hear back from us within 24 hours and we will look forward to seeing you in Chelmsford office serving wound patients from Lowell MA, Dracut MA, Westford MA, Acton MA, Nashua NH and Salem NH residents Boston Wound Healing Center.
Boston Vein Care is a comprehensive vein center, wound carer & vascular medicine practice offering the full spectrum of the vein, wound & vascular diagnostic & treatments. We also provide health screening from offices in Wellesley, MA & Chelmsford, MA.