ENDOVENOUS LASER & RF ABLATION
HOW ENDOVENOUS LASER ABLATION WORKS
Boston Vein Care is considered the best and safest facility providing endovenous laser ablations in Boston MA. Quite often we get asked what is best endovenous ablation for me which gets best results, and is comfortable and safe. We will try to answer, how we pick the laser vein removal treatment in Boston MA which suits best to individual patient.
WHAT IS BEST ENDOVENOUS LASER ABLATION IN BOSTON MA
ENDOVENOUS LASER ABLATION
- After local anesthesia vein is accessed.
- Laser Fiber is advanced into the vein.
- Tumescent anesthesia is administered around the vein.
- Laser energy is carefully delivered to treat the vein.
- Veins get treated as the laser fiber is pulled out slowly.
ENDOVENOUS RADIOFREQUENCY ABLATION (CLOSUREFAST)
The benefit is similar to endovenous laser ablation as far as treatment steps are concerned, the only difference is the energy used is radio-frequency instead of a laser.
- A local anesthetic is used to numb the skin.
- Radio-frequency fiber is advanced centrally.
- Compression wraps are applied to the leg.
- A vein is treated is stepwise 7 cm long segments.
- Access into the diseased vein is gained.
- Radio-frequency fiber is removed.
- Tumescent anesthesia is used around the vein.
HOW DO WE DECIDE BETWEEN LASER & RF BASED PROCEDURES
Both procedures are safe and have a high success rate but have subtle differences
- Venefit is relatively less painful.
- Endovenous Radiofrequency Ablation procedure has less bruising compared to endovenous laser ablation.
- Endovenous Radio-frequency ablation cannot be used in patients with pacemakers or ICDs.
- Laser fiber can be maneuvered in relatively more tortuous varicose veins due to thicker wire in them.
Boston Vein Care is a comprehensive vein center, wound carer & vascular medicine practice offering the full spectrum of the vein, wound & vascular diagnostic & treatments. We also provide health screening from offices in Wellesley, MA & Chelmsford, MA.