Best for Facial Veins
How is Spider Laser Vein Removal Treatment Performed
Laser spider vein treatment is performed our safe and convenient medical office environment. At Boston Vein Care we pay utmost importance to laser safety standards to avoid any complications like skin burn, fire and vision loss.
- Area of treatment is marked.
- Cooling gel or topical anesthetic cream is applied for patient comfort.
- Treatment can still result in slight snapping feeling.
- Our doctor or nurse will target laser or intense pulse light (IPL) to target unwanted veins.
- Treatment is completed and sun block & moisturizer is applied to the treated area.
- Three to six treatments are generally required for optimal results.
Results After Spider Vein Removal Treatments
The results depend partly on few patient factors. Generally results for spider vein removal are very satisfactory and immediate.
- Laser skin treatments are relatively more safe in white/Caucasian skin than other skin types.
- Laser/IPL spider vein removal gets better results if veins are on face.
- Spider laser vein removal on leg needs to performed more carefully & might need more treatments.
- Before and after treatment instructions needs to be followed strictly for best cosmetic results.
Pre & Post Laser Spider Vein Removal Instructions
It is very important to follow pre and post laser spider vein removal treatment instructions for good aesthetic results and avoid ultraviolet light induced skin burns and other complications. Detailed and patient specific instructions be provided before treatment during consultation and after treatment but following are general instructions
- Avoid any unprotected sun exposure for couple of weeks prior to treatment.
- Do not apply any cream, lotion, oil, or self-tanners to area of treatment on a day before and on the day of treatment.
- Isotretinoin (Accutane) should be stopped 6 months before laser spider vein removal or laser hair reduction treatments.
- Skin is extra sensitive after laser treatments.
- It is of utmost importance to avoid sun exposure after any skin laser treatment including laser spider vein removal.
- Use sun block every couple of hours, when out and about to minimize ultraviolet related skin burns.