How Clarivein Treatment is Performed
Clarivein is new FDA approved treatment for varicose veins. Clarivein is performed in safe and comfortable medical office environment by our board certified physicians.
- Local anesthesia is used to number the skin where vein needs to be accessed.
- Vein is accessed and very fine wire and plastic tube is passed into the vein.
- Clarivein catheter is advanced through this plastic sheath towards groin.
- No tumescent or local anesthesia is required around the vein.
- Cathetar tip rotates at high speed while sclerosant is injected to deliver medicine to vein wall.
- Vein gets treated as the cathetar is gradually pulled back.
How Clarivein compares with Endovenous Laser Ablation
Clarivein is new and in our opinion better treatment for varicose veins when compared to Endovenous Laser Ablation. Following are major differences
- Endovenous Laser Ablation being a heat based treatment requires the use of local anesthesia around the making (multiple needle sticks).
- Clarivein is non-thermal treatment, eliminating the need of tumescent anesthesia so avoiding multiple needle sticks.
- Above factors makes Clarivein a lot more comfortable treatment to undergo.
- Being a non thermal treatment, Clarivein can be used to treat the whole length of vein including close to ankle.
- With Endovenous Laser ablation, physicians generally prefer not to treat segment of vein close to ankle to avoid damage to accompanying nerve in this position from heat generated by laser.
- Clarivein has almost no risk of nerve injury, bruising, pigmentation and skin burn unlike endovenous laser ablation.
Who is Best Candidate for Clarivein
Almost anybody who had symptomatic varicose veins, indications of treatment are exactly the same which we used to use for vein stripping and ligation or endovenous laser and radiofrequency ablation. Having said that Clarivein is especially suitable for
- Patient who dont want to take risk for bruising, pigmentation or skin burn or dont have to heal these problems "I have my daughters wedding in next two weeks!"
- Needle phobic.
- Avoidance of pain during treatment is main priority.
- What minimal time to spare for recovery.
- Patient which have high deductibles/out of pocket expenses.