LASER SPIDER VEIN REMOVAL
A laser is one of the treatment we offer to treat spider veins. We use 3 different wavelengths depending on skin type/color in our practice. Instructions will vary somewhat depending on the wavelength we are going use but the following can be used as the general guideline.
BEFORE LASER SPIDER VEIN REMOVAL
- Avoid any unprotected sun exposure for 4 weeks prior to treatment if you are Caucasian.
- Avoid unprotected sun exposure for 2 weekS prior to treatment if you have brown or black skin.
- Please download brief medical history questionnaire, complete and fax or bring it with you at the time of your consultation. I will save you time and we are able to proceed with your treatment soon after you arrive for your appointment.
- Do not apply any cream, lotion, oil, or self-tanners to an area of treatment on a day before and on the day of treatment.
- Isotretinoin (Accutane) should be stopped 6 months before laser spider vein removal or laser hair reduction treatments.
- Please inform us if you have any of following conditions, pregnancy, seizure disorder triggered by light, photosensitivity, lupus, keloid formation, history of poor wound healing, noticed any pigmented lesion, have permanent makeup or receiving gold therapy, on immunosuppressants or anticoagulants like Coumadin/Warfarin.
- If you develop the fever or other illness before appointment you must reschedule.
- It is of utmost importance to avoid sun exposure after any skin laser treatment including laser spider vein removal.
- We advise strongly to use sunblock every couple of hours, when out and about to minimize ultraviolet-related skin burns. Skin is extra sensitive after laser treatments.
- Do not take blood-thinning drugs (e.g., Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba), ibuprofen, or other nonsteroidal inflammatory drugs (e.g., arthritis medicine) for 2 days before and 2 days after your treatment because these medications can increase bruising.
- If you take birth control pills or estrogen, inform our office about it.
- We recommend not to drink alcoholic beverages and not to smoke for 2 days before and 2 days after your treatment because drinking alcohol and smoking may impair healing.
- Bring & use loose fitting shorts or a leotard during the treatment and long skirt or long loose fitting slacks to wear after treatment.