Very Commonly Overlooked Condition
25 Millions Americans have Venous Insufficiency
We have moved way beyond vein stripping era
Many New Treatments are available
Venous Insufficiency or Varicose Veins Symptoms
Despite high prevalence, many times varicose veins or venous insufficiency is the last thing which patients or physicians think as cause of their symptoms. Common symptoms include
- Pain in legs.
- Heaviness in legs.
- Ankle or leg swelling especially after standing for some time.
- Discoloration in legs.
- Difficulty with walking.
- Ulcers or skin breakdown.
- Burning in legs.
- Restless Legs
What Causes Varicose Veins
There are few long established factors which can put patients at risk for varicose veins.
- Family history of varicose or spider veins (familial).
- Multiple pregnancies
- Prolonged standing on regular basis.
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- For no reason in some patients (congenital).
Best New Varicose Vein Treatments
Fortunately over last couple of years quite a few innovative, non surgical, minimally invasive varicose vein treatments have been approved by FDA. We use almost all of them and help our patients to pick the most effective and least painful option. Few of them include